Break Into The Game Industry: How to Get A Job Making Video Games
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media - 2003-05-19
Paperback | 1 Edition | 352 Pages
From the Publisher:
Find out from an industry veteran exactly what you need to do to become a game designer, tester, artist, producer, programmer, writer, soundtrack composer, videographer, or sales/marketing professional. You'll get full-spectrum coverage of positions available within the game industry as well as details on how a game is created—from start to finish—and much more.
"Ernest Adams has been around the gaming block many times; his industry insights coupled with the developer war stories should give any aspirant that extra edge to break into the game industry." —Jason Della Rocca, Program Director, International Game Developers Association
Practical Advice for Landing the Job You Want!
Join the fun! Learn how to become part of the excitement and creativity of game development—one of the hottest and most profitable industries today. Author, game designer, and producer Ernest Adams takes you inside the game industry, then delivers an action plan for you to break in—even without any game industry experience. Get great career advice and learn the different jobs that are available. Whether you're a curious gamer, a student, or a career changer seeking immediate help, this handy guide provides the information and insider advice you need to land a job in the game industry.
Learn how a game is built and published:
* Understand and acquire the skills you need to get into the industry
* Discover the inner workings of the game business
* Get your foot in the door as a game tester or with other entry-level jobs
* Exercise your creativity as a game designer, artist, producer, or programmer
* Get the right education for the job you want
* Gain insightful advice from more than 20 industry professionals
* Includes hundreds of useful resources for job seekers