Скачать Linux Bible 2007 Edition: Boot up Ubuntu, Fedora, KNOPPIX, Debian, SUSE, and 11 Other Distributions (Bible) бесплатно
?«Linux Bible 2007 Edition: Boot up Ubuntu, Fedora, KNOPPIX, Debian, SUSE, and 11 Other Distributions?»
March 12, 2007
From the Back Cover
Master the basics and beyond with this in-depth guide
Linux is productive enough to use as your only desktop system and powerful enough to run entire corporate enterprise installations. Get the most out of Linux for your home, small business, or corporate computing needs with this comprehensive reference as your guide. Walk through 16 different Linux distributions, find step-by-step instructions, discover new programming tools??”and tap into the world of free software. This is the book you need to succeed with Linux.
* Master Linux for desktops, servers, and workstations
* Find, install, and use tons of free and open source software
* Launch all your music, video, images, and documents in Linux
* Browse, e-mail, or chat over the Internet from a Linux desktop
* Set up your own e-mail and Web (LAMP) servers
* Make safe connections using firewalls and other security tools
* Run Linux on anything from an old PC to a high-end server
A total of 16 different Linux distributions are included on the DVD and CD-ROM.
* To try out Linux, boot directly to KNOPPIX, Ubuntu, Gentoo, SLAX, Damn Small Linux, and other live Linux distributions
* To keep Linux permanently, install Fedora, Ubuntu, Gentoo, SUSE, Debian, and Slackware Linux distributions to your hard disk About the Author
Chris Negus has written or co-written dozens of books on Linux and UNIX, including Red Hat Linux Bible (all editions), Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Bible, Linux Troubleshooting Bible, and the recent Linux Toys II. For eight years he worked with the organization at AT&T that developed UNIX before moving to Utah to help contribute to Novell??™s short-lived UnixWare project in the early 1990s. When not writing about Linux, Chris enjoys playing soccer and just hanging out with his family.
[b]NO OTHER MIRRS PLEASE!
Внимание! скрытый текст доступен только зарегистрированным посетителям