Understanding Digital Cameras: Getting the Best Image from Capture to Output by Jon Tarrant
Publisher: Focal Press | Number Of Pages: 360 | Publication Date: 2007-04-24 | ISBN-10: 0240520246 | PDF | 22 Mb
Understanding Digital Cameras will help you to:
* Choose the right camera, lens and output option to capture the perfect image
* Develop great technique, whatever your style or subject matter
* Be inspired! Showcasing a wide range of images, plus the work and insights of guest photographers
This key resource for all photographers will help you get the very best from today's sophisticated digital cameras.
Discover which type of camera, lens, lighting and printer is right for you with clear explanations and close-ups of camera settings and menus. A key tool to improve your photography is to see comparison images side by side. Tarrant shoots the same scene with different equipment or a different approach, to show exactly what a camera and technique can or can't do. He also shows you images that haven't worked - and explains precisely why.
In this book you will learn essential photographic techniques, before moving on to specific genres: people, nature, action shots and working in the studio. Detailed captions throughout explain which camera and lens was used for each shot and highlight key factors in getting the right exposure, lighting and composition. There is an essential troubleshooting guide to printing errors such as smudges, lines and colour casts. Discover how to produce fine art prints and optimize images for the Web. Plus key technical information on digital and optical quality and colour management.
Packed with tips, clear explanations, with all photography terms defined, box outs with key information, and showcasing a wide range of image styles and subjects, this book (and a camera!), is all you need to start creating great images!
Jon Tarrant has spent many years as an award-winning professional photographer and much-published photographic writer. He is former editor of the British Journal of Photography, to which he still contributes, and of Professional Photographer and HotShoe International magazines.
* Choose the right camera, printer and software to capture the perfect image and produce the best print or image for the Web
* Improve the creativity of your digital pictures - without having to use a computer
* Packed with colour images, diagrams and charts for easy, visual learning!