6 мая 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: Компьютерная литература » Програм-ние и разработка » C++ | Комментариев: 0
C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4 by Jasmin Blanchette, Mark Summerfield
Publisher: Prentice Hall PTR (June 26, 2006) | 560 Pages | ISBN: 0131872494 | chm | 6 MB
Qt 4 is radically different from earlier versions of Qt, with lots of new features and many small changes everywhere in the API. For customers porting applications from Qt 3 to Qt 4, this is bad news; but for us, this is good news, because it means that owners of the Qt 3 book will want to buy this one as well. Those who buy this book will:  Learn how to program Qt the right way, i.e. with the grain of the tool.  Learn standard patterns of Qt programming, from basic tasks like creating a file menu with a recently used files list to more complex tasks such as presenting data to the user through the user interface, and providing the user with the ability to interact with their data.  Learn how to extend Qt to meet their needs, for example, through subclassing and by composition.  Gain insight into programming in general and into graphical user interface programming in particular.
From the Back Cover
The Only Official Best-Practice Guide to Qt 4.1 Programming
Using Trolltech's Qt you can build industrial-strength C++ applications that run natively on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, and embedded Linux--without making source code changes. With this book Trolltech insiders have written a start-to-finish guide to getting great results with the most powerful version of Qt ever created: Qt 4.1.
Using C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4 you'll discover the most effective Qt 4 programming patterns and techniques as you master key technologies ranging from Qt's model/view architecture to Qt's powerful new 2D paint engine. The authors provide readers with unparalleled insight into Qt's event model and layout system. Then, using realistic examples, they introduce superior techniques for everything from basic GUI development to advanced database and XML integration.
* Includes new chapters on Qt 4's model/view architecture and Qt's new plugin support, along with a brief introduction to Qtopia embedded programming
* Covers all Qt fundamentals, from dialogs and windows to implementing application functionality
* Introduces best practices for layout management and event processing
* Shows how to make the most of Qt 4's new APIs, including the powerful new 2D paint engine and the new easy-to-use container classes
* Contains completely updated material in every chapter
* Presents advanced Qt 4 techniques covered in no other book, from creating both Qt and application plugins to interfacing with native APIs
* Contains an in-depth appendix on C++/Qt programming for experienced Java developers
The accompanying CD-ROM includes the open source edition of Qt 4.1.1 for Windows, Mac, Linux, and many Unixes, as well as MinGW, a set of freely available development tools that can be used to build Qt applications on Windows, and also the source code for the book's examples.