12 июля 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: Компьютерная литература » Програм-ние и разработка » Databases and SQL | Комментариев: 0
Ronald Rood "Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases"
Packt Publishing | English | 2009-06-20 | ISBN: 1847195989 | 240 pages | PDF | 11 MB
Schedule, manage, and execute jobs that automate your business processes.
• Automate jobs from within the Oracle database with the built-in Scheduler.
• Boost database performance by managing, monitoring, and controlling jobs more effectively.
• Contains easy-to-understand explanations, simple examples, debugging tips, and real-life scenarios.
Scheduler (DBMS_SCHEDULER) is included in Oracle Database and is a tool for the automation, management, and control of jobs. It enables users to schedule jobs running inside the database such as PL/SQL procedures or PL/SQL blocks, as well as jobs running outside the database like shell scripts. Scheduler ensures that jobs are run on time, automates business processes, and optimizes the use of available resources.
You just need to specify a fixed date and time and Scheduler will do the rest. What if you don't know the precise time to execute your job? Nothing to worry about, you can specify an event upon which you want your job to be done and Scheduler will execute your job at the appropriate time. Although scheduling sounds quite easy, it requires programming skills and knowledge to set up such a powerful, intelligent scheduler for your project.
This book is your practical guide to DBMS_SCHEDULER for setting up platform-independent schedules that automate the execution of time-based or event-based job processes. It will show you how to automate business processes, and help you manage and monitor those jobs efficiently and effectively. It explains how Scheduler can be used to achieve the tasks you need to make happen in the real world. With a little understanding of how the Scheduler can be used and what kind of control it gives, you will be able to recognize the real power that many known enterprise-class schedulers - with serious price tags - cannot compete with.
You will see how running a specific program can be made dependent on the successful running of certain other programs, and how to separate various tasks using the built-in security mechanisms. You will learn to manage resources to balance the load on your system, and gain increased database performance.
What you will learn from this book?
• Create simple as well as complex jobs and schedule their execution according to your specific needs.
• Manage jobs independently of any particular platform so that they can be moved from one system to another easily.
• Create chains to link related programs, based on contingent outcomes.
• Flag the Scheduler to raise events when unexpected events occur.
• Manage logs to find out when jobs ran and analyze the runtime behavior based on recorded execution times.
• Combine your resource manager and Scheduler to get maximum throughput for managing thousands of jobs at a time.
• Run jobs on machines that do not have a running database using the remote job agent.
• Learn to debug jobs and make sure jobs run as expected.
This is your practical guide to setting up a working environment and using Oracle Scheduler. Packed with simple examples and clear explanations, real-life scenarios are discussed to make you comfortable in implementing them in your own system.
Who this book is written for?
This book is intended for Administrators and Developers who currently use tools like cron, DBMS_JOB, and the task manager, but who now want more control or who have a need to scale up to tools that can handle the network. Complex tasks can be built that easily control business process and enable the completion of important tasks in limited time.
The reader is expected to have some experience of Oracle Database Management, and a working knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL.
To start download click HERE:
>>> Download many interesting free eBooks HERE <<<
No another mirrors, please! >>> Read RULES