25 декабря 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: Компьютерная литература » Програм-ние и разработка » Databases and SQL | Комментариев: 0
Title: Beginning Oracle SQL
Publisher: Apress | ISBN: 1430271973 | Dec 2009 | PDF | 459 pages | 3.28 mb
Beginning Oracle SQL is your introduction to the interactive query tools and specific dialect of SQL used with Oracle Database. The book is a revision of the classic Mastering Oracle SQL and SQL*Plus by Lex de Haan, and has been updated to cover the very latest developments in Oracle’s version of the SQL query language. Written in an easygoing and example-based style, Beginning Oracle SQL is the book that will get you started down the path to successfully writing SQL statements and getting results from Oracle Database.
* Takes an example-based approach, with clear and authoritative explanations
* Introduces both SQL and the query tools used to execute SQL statements
* Shows how to create tables, populate them with data, and then query that data to generate business results
What you’ll learn
* Create database tables and define their relationships
* Add data to your tables; change and delete that data
* Write database queries that generate accurate results
* Avoid common traps and pitfalls in writing SQL queries
* Take advantage of advanced Oracle SQL features such as support for hierarchical queries, analytic and window functions, flashback to a given point in time, and more
* Get a handle on Oracle Database’s support for object types in the database
Who is this book for?
This book is aimed at developers and database administrators who must write SQL statements to execute against an Oracle database. No prior knowledge of SQL is assumed.