4 мая 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: Компьютерная литература » Програм-ние и разработка » Программирование | Комментариев: 0
Creating Web Pages For Dummies, 7th edition by Bud E. Smith, Arthur Bebak
Publisher For Dummies 2004 | 378 Page | ISBN: 0764573276 | PDF | 5.6 MB
Ideal for novices, Creating Web Pages for Dummies starts off with discussion of some key design topics and shows the way to publishing well designed Web sites. The authors have you writing HTML and getting a feel for the basic process by the third chapter. Once you're hooked, they show you how to build a home page in a single day and offer advice on how to get online with an Internet Service Provider (ISP).
The book gradually gets more serious in scope, presenting sites for business use and implementing graphics and multimedia. It shows you how easy it is to publish photos, to implement sound and video clips, and introduces hot technologies like Java, ActiveX and XML.
Finally, the guide introduces you to various authoring tools, browsers, and the special considerations of publishing for WebTV. In the usual Dummies style, the author offers 10 dos and 10 don'ts for Web publishing. The book wraps up with appendices of ISPs, a guide to HTML tags, and a CD-ROM with tools and an excellent set of links for useful Web resources. --Stephen W. Plain --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
* Now updated to cover the latest tools and techniques, this perennial bestseller shows people how to create their first Web page, from using simple HTML techniques to adding images to create a look and feel
* Forty percent revised material includes updates on using free tools such as Netscape Composer, creating better Web graphics, and harnessing broadband connections for Web publishing
* The book now covers using Weblog technology to enhance and update a site, as well as working with GeoCities as a free Web space provider
* The only book written for the absolute Web page beginner-it assumes no HTML knowledge or design background-and one of the few books that shows how to build a simple site without focusing on a specific tool
* The CD-ROM includes tryout versions of software covered in the book so readers can get started right away