6 мая 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: Компьютерная литература » Програм-ние и разработка » Программирование | Комментариев: 0
Mel Gorman - Understanding the Linux Virtual Memory Manager
Prentice Hall | 2004 | ISBN: 0131453483 | Pages: 768 | PDF | 8.32 MB
Finally, a comprehensive guide to the Linux VM!
VM's behavior affects every Linux kernel subsystem and dramatically impacts overall performance. But until now, there was only one way to understand VM: study the poorly documented source one line at a time. Now there's an easier, faster alternative. This book describes VM in unprecedented detail, presenting both theoretical foundations and a line-by-line source code commentary. It systematically covers everything from physical memory description to out-of-memory management. Coverage includes:
* Linux VM 2.4 architecture in depth-with diagrams and call graphs
* Physical memory description, page tables, address spaces, and memory allocation
* High memory, swapping, shared memory, and much more
* Expert guidance for analyzing the code of any open source project
* New Linux 2.6 kernel features in every chapter
Well organized and superbly written, Understanding the Linux Virtual Memory Manager will be indispensable to every kernel programmer and researcher.
Thanks to original uploader!
Do you know only a small part of all books is visible on the AvaxHome Homepage (@ Home)?
To see all of them use
If you enjoy my books look at my
...::No mirrors, please::...