29 июня 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: Компьютерная литература » Програм-ние и разработка » Программирование | Комментариев: 0
Mary Cooch "Moodle 1.9 for Teaching 7-14 Year Olds: Beginner's Guide"
Packt Publishing | English | 2009-03-26 | ISBN: 1847197140 | 236 pages | PDF | 8,3 MB
Effective e-learning for younger students using Moodle as your Classroom Assistant
• Focus on the unique needs of young learners to create a fun, interesting, interactive, and informative learning environment your students will want to go on day after day
• Engage and motivate your students with games, quizzes, movies, and podcasts the whole class can participate in
• Go paperless! Put your lessons online and grade them anywhere, anytime
• Ideal for teachers new to Moodle: easy to follow and abundantly illustrated with screenshots of the solutions you'll build
Moodle is a very popular e-learning tool in universities and high schools. But what does it have to offer younger students who want a fun, interesting, interactive, and informative learning experience? Moodle empowers teachers to achieve all this and more and this book will show you how!
This book will show complete beginners in Moodle with no technical background how to make the most of its features to enhance the learning and teaching of children aged around 7-14.
This is a practical book for teachers, written by a teacher with two decades of practical experience, latterly in using Moodle to motivate younger students. Its aim is to give you some hints and advice on how to get your Moodle courses up and running with useful content that your students will actually want to go and learn from on a regular basis. We will assume that you have an installation of Moodle managed by somebody else, so you are responsible only for creating and delivering course content. Throughout the book we will be building a course from scratch, adaptable for ages 7 to 14 on Rivers and Flooding It could be any topic, as Moodle lends itself to all subjects and ages.
What you will learn from this book?
• Make a Moodle class page that your students will want to visit and linger on
• Display your worksheets for students to access at home
• Set up your lessons directly onto Moodle to save paper and effort
• Get your students doing homework on Moodle so you can grade and give feedback online
• Get interactive with self-marking games and quizzes by including images, sounds, and animations
• Use Moodle to encourage discussion and decision-making
• Make movies and sound recordings to inspire your class
• Make the most of what's free on the Web to get your children working and learning together
This book is part of Packt's Beginner's Guide series. Written in a friendly tone, the book starts at the very beginning with a blank Moodle page and you are taken step by step through the most useful features of Moodle, helped with many illustrative screenshots. The chapters gradually build up your skills and by the end of the book you will be confident enough to design a fully functional, interactive course for 7-14 year olds.
Who this book is written for?
This book is for regular, non-technical teachers of pre-teen or early teenage children. It assumes no prior knowledge of Moodle and no particular expertise on the Web. Classroom assistants may also find this book a very useful resource.
To start download click HERE:
No another mirrors, please!