Скачать Liferay Portal Enterprise Intranets: A practical guide to building a complete corporate intranet with Liferay бесплатно
30 июня 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: Компьютерная литература » Програм-ние и разработка » Программирование | Комментариев: 0
Liferay Portal Enterprise Intranets: A practical guide to building a complete corporate intranet with Liferay
Packt Publishing | ISBN: 1847192726 | April 28, 2008 | PDF | 408 Pages | 8 MB
Liferay Portal is the world's leading open-source portal platform built on Java and Web 2.0 technologies. Corporations use it to provide a unified web interface to data and tools scattered across many sources.
Liferay Portal uses the latest in Java, J2EE, and Web 2.0 technologies to deliver solutions for enterprises across both public and private sectors. Liferay Portal's flexibility allows it to be deployed in a number of different scenarios to meet key business needs. Some of the key business benefits are:
* A rich, friendly, intuitive, and collaborative end-user experience
* A single point of access to all information
* High adaptability to the demands of fast changing markets
* Highest value
* Lowest costs
This book is a complete guide to building an intranet with Liferay (version 4.4)--assess your needs, install the software, start using it, deploy portlets, customize it per your requirements, and train users. The book focuses on leveraging the Liferay framework by configuring the XML files, without changing the underlying Java code. Each chapter gives practical guidance on how to install, use, and customize Liferay. There are many step-by-step examples for better understanding.
What you will learn from this book?
* Installing and configuring Liferay Portal
* Setting up the navigation structure for the intranet
* Managing users, groups, and roles
* Enabling staff to communicate using discussion forums
* Marking content for easy retrieval using tags
* Creating Wikis, Web Forms, and Polls
* Managing Blogs and RSS
* Deploying calendar portlet, WSRP, and Workflow portlet
* Content management and publishing
* Configuring instant messaging server, mail server, mail portlet, and SMS text messenger portlet
* Providing help-desk assistance and customer support information on the website
* Administering communities; using community tools; setting up virtual hosting, staging, and publishing for communities.
* Plugin management
* Handling federated search and OpenSearch and deploying search-based portlets
* Managing Admin portlet and Enterprise Admin portlet
* Integrating with Alfresco, LDAP, and SSO
* Applying SSO authentication for both portal and portlets
This book is a practical guide with a very user-friendly approach. The author has taken a virtual enterprise as an example and has used the features of Liferay to build a corporate intranet for that enterprise.
Who this book is written for?
This book is for System Administrators or experienced users (not necessarily programmers) who want to install and use Liferay in their teams or businesses without dealing with complex code. Pre-knowledge of Liferay is not expected for this book.
No mirrors please
PM me if link are dead