24 июля 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: Компьютерная литература » Програм-ние и разработка » Программирование | Комментариев: 0
Jon 'maddog' Hall, Paul G. Sery - Red Hat Linux 9 for Dummies
For Dummies | 2003 | ISBN: 0764539906 | Pages: 390 | PDF | 5.35 MB
Red Hat Linux, with its splashy brand name and recognizable logo, is undeniably one of the driving forces behind the Linux revolution—and, by far, the most popular Linux flavor. It’s used by businesses, individuals, and governments world wide to cut costs, improve performance, and just plain get the work done. You can use it as a desktop workstation, a network server, an Internet gateway, a firewall, the basis of an embedded system (such as a smart VCR or a robot), or even as a multiprocessor supercomputer. And thanks to the thousands of people who continually refine different parts of Linux, Red Hat Linux keeps getting more flexible and robust with each new release.
Ready to put the power of the penguin in your PC? This handy plain-English guide to Red Hat Linux 9 shows you how—no experience required! It gets you up and running with everything you need to know to:
* Install, configure, customize, and fine-tune Red Hat Linux 9
* Get connected to the Internet
* Work with Word documents
* Set up a Web server
* Customize your own flexible, powerful workstation
* Connect to a wireless network
* Build a firewall
With world-renowned Linux expert and crusader Jon “maddog” Hall and Paul Sery as your guides, you’ll quickly master what you need to know about:
* Connecting to the Internet via broadband DSL and cable modems or old-fashioned dial-up modems
* Getting connected to your Local Area Network (LAN)
* Building simple Internet and LAN services, including Web pages and print servers
* Using Red Hat Linux to play CDs and MP3s and listen to radio stations
* Using OpenOffice desktop productivity suite, Evolution desktop organizer/and email client, the streaming multimedia player, and other cool applications
On the 2 Bonus CD-ROMs you’ll find:
* Publisher’s edition of Red Hat Linux 9
* Apache Web Server
* GNU compiler
* GNOME and KDE Desktop
This amazing book/CD package is hands-down the quickest, easiest, and cheapest way to put the full power of Linux to work for you.
Thanks to original uploader!
According to the new rule only HALF of all books at the most is visible on the AvaxHome Homepage.
To see ALL of them use eBooks category.
If you enjoy my books look at my AvaxHome Blog
...::No mirrors, please::...