29 июля 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: Компьютерная литература » Програм-ние и разработка » Программирование | Комментариев: 0
Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development
Packt Publishing (June 10, 2009) | ISBN: 1847194702 | 420 pages | PDF | 6 MB
Liferay portal is one of the most mature portal frameworks in the market, offering many key business benefits that involve personalization, customization, and workflow. If you are a Java developer who wants to build custom web sites and intranet applications using Liferay portal, this is where your search ends.
This book shows how Java developers can use Liferay as a framework to develop custom intranet systems, based on Liferay portal platform thus helping you to maximize your productivity gains. Get ready for a rich, friendly, intuitive and collaborative end-user experience!
The author’s experience customizing Liferay using Java enables him to explain in a clear and precise manner how to build custom systems on top of Liferay portal.
Using this book you can customize Liferay into a single point of access to all an organization’s data, content, web content, and other information from both existing in-house applications (HR, CRM) and external sources (such as Alfresco, FatWire, Magnolia, Vignette).
What you will learn from this book
This book will give you plenty of hands-on examples to customize and extend Liferay portal. You will learn how to:
* Work with the JSR-286 portlets and Extension environment, helping you to build larger applications and reuse portlets in different scenarios
* Build basic and advanced Struts portlets with permissions and a set of actions helping you to build enterprise-ready Java web applications
* Manage communities and pages with locale and tracking features to employ layout templates dynamically
* Customize WYSIWYG editor FCKEditor – Making images, links, videos, games, video queues, video lists, and play lists as part of web content
* Empower CMS and WCM providing you with one central place to aggregate and manage all content
* Build My Community – Share web sites, pages, and portlets with friends allowing you to introduce control panel and inter-portlet communication
* Develop layout templates and themes in the Plugins SDK environment so that you can customize the overall look and feel of web sites and pages
* Build your Social Office with portlets, hooks, and themes enabling you to be a part of the team without sacrificing your preferences
* Stage, schedule, and publish web content with workflow capability allowing you to alter and manage what you have created
* Build custom attributes, OpenSearch, Spring services, and web services thus helping you to build dynamic web sites smoothly
This book focuses on teaching by example. Every chapter provides an overview, and then dives right into hands-on examples so you can see and play with the solution in your own environment. All code samples run on both the latest Enterprise and Community releases.
Who this book is written for
This book will be most useful to professional Java developers who want to build custom web sites, portals, and highly customized intranet applications using Liferay portal as a framework.
This book is for Java developers, and you will get most from the book if you already work with Java but you need not have prior experience on Liferay portal. Although Liferay portal makes heavy use of open source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, Struts, and Lucene, no prior experience using these is assumed.