30 июля 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: Компьютерная литература » Програм-ние и разработка » Программирование | Комментариев: 0
Alfresco Enterprise Content Management Implementation: How to Install, use, and customize this powerful, free, Open Source Java-based Enterprise CMS
Packt Publishing (January 30, 2007) | ISBN: 1904811116 | 538 pages | PDF | 10 MB
Alfresco offers true Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and aspires to be "Documentum fast and free", and was founded by a former Documentum executive. Alfresco can store a wide range of digital content in flexible, smart "spaces". Content is accessible through a web interface, shared network folders, FTP, WebDav, and other methods.
Users can set up Alfresco to process content in certain ways, according to business rules and workflow requirements. It can also apply version control to documents automatically, making it easy and safe to collaborate and update documents.
Alfresco is regarded as the most powerful open-source enterprise content management system. Using Alfresco, administrators can easily create rich, shared content repositories. This book shows you how to unleash this power to create collaborative working systems in your enterprise.
What you will learn from this book? This book will take you through the complete cycle of planning, implementing and customizing your ECM installation. Among the many topics covered are:
* Working with users and membership accounts, including LDAP integration
* Using Alfresco as a Smart document repository; working with automatic version tracking and control, and accessing the repository from the Web, shared network folders, or FTP
* Making content easy to find using search, content categorization, and metadata
* Automating document management tasks with business rules and complete workflows
* Working together using Alfresco's collaboration and syndication features to create effective working groups
* Customizing the user interface, creating your own dashboard layouts; presenting content in custom ways relevant to your business