21 декабря 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: Компьютерная литература » Програм-ние и разработка » Программирование | Комментариев: 0
Building Enterprise Ready Telephony Systems with sipXecs 4.0 by Michael W. Picher
Publisher: Packt Publishing (August 15, 2009) | 314 pages | ISBN: 1847196802 | PDF | 11.4 MB
Leveraging open source VOIP for a rock-solid communications system
* Learn how to plan, deploy and migrate an enterprise ready communications system with sipXecs
* Discover the different options for configuring phones, users and server features to get the best result for your organization
* Secure and maintain your sipXecs system
Open source telephony systems are making big waves in the communications industry. Moving your organization from a lab environment to production system can seem like a daunting and inherently risky proposition. Building Enterprise Ready Telephony Systems with sipXecs delivers proven techniques for deploying reliable and robust communications systems.
Building Enterprise Ready Telephony Systems with sipXecs provides a guiding hand in planning, building and migrating a corporate communications system to the open source sipXecs SIP PBX platform. Following this step-by-step guide makes normally complex tasks, such as migrating your existing communication system to VOIP and deploying phones, easy. Imagine how good you'll feel when you have a complete, enterprise ready telephony system at work in your business.
Planning a communications system for any size of network can seem an overwhelmingly complicated task. Deploying a robust and reliable communications system may seem even harder. This book will start by helping you understand the nuts and bolts of a Voice over IP Telephony system. The base knowledge gained is then built upon with system design and product selection. Soon you will be able to implement, utilize and maintain a communications system with sipXecs. Many screen-shots and diagrams help to illustrate and make simple what can otherwise be a complex undertaking. It's easy to build an enterprise ready telephony system when you follow this helpful, straightforward guide.
What you will learn from this book?
* Understand the complexities of an IP Telephony and Voice over IP network
* Build a clear process for migrating existing phone systems to an IP based system
* Deliver a solid foundation for any IP based phone system
* Quickly and easily get a sipXecs open source PBX running
* Deploy phones quickly and easily.
* Utilize Internet Telephony Service Providers to reduce monthly telephony bills
* Develop training materials to help successfully teach your users how to use the system
* Leverage sipXecs Automatic Call Distribution Queues to handle basic Call Center needs
* Operate and Maintain a reliable communications platform
This book was written to be a step by step approach to building a communications system for any organization. Care was taken to clearly illustrate with diagrams and screen shots all of the steps and concepts along the way.
Who this book is written for?
This book is written for network engineers who have been asked to deploy and maintain communications systems for their organizations.
About the Author
As an industry veteran with over 20 years in Information Technology consulting, Michael brings a network engineer's perspective to the Telephony business. After receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering from the University of Maine, Michael worked hard to build up a computer manufacturing business which he left in the mid '90s. Following the manufacturing endeavor Michael worked with two close friends to build what became one of Maine's largest home-grown technology consulting and software development firms. After successfully selling the consulting business to a large out of state firm, Michael turned his attention to the growing IP Telephony space. Michael has helped successfully deploy some of the region's largest IP based communications systems and the infrastructure required to support those systems. Away from technology, Michael enjoys life with his wife Debra and son Matthew on their large Maine wild blueberry farm in rural Maine. Snowmobiling and hunting are the family choices for fun and Michael is also a long time Autocross fanatic with multiple class wins in his beloved Mini Cooper S.
>>If YoU WaNt MoRe - WeLcOmE tO mY AH BlOg!<<