17 января 2010 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: Компьютерная литература » Програм-ние и разработка » Программирование | Комментариев: 0
Tim Ogunjobi "Drupal 6 Site Blueprints"
PP | English | 2009| ISBN: 1847199046 | 272 pages | PDF | 11,4 MB
Drupal is a powerful CMS used to build all kinds of web sites. But when you're urgently tasked with building a specific kind of site, it's not always obvious which plugins to use or where to begin. If I could show you simple directions to create Drupal web sites for personal or business use within a day, without the initial need to bother about the in-depth details of using Drupal, would you be interested? Build first learn later!
This book will give you a competitive edge by helping you to rapidly implement prototype web projects for personal and business use. With this book almost anyone with just a bit of Drupal knowledge can build a web site and tailor it to his/he needs.
This book is a project-based guide to developing web applications with Drupal. It should enable you to take full advantage of the powerful core features offered by the Drupal framework together with the many available contributed modules and themes to develop applications within hours. You will be guided, by means of illustrated hands-on example projects, to build foundation projects that you may easily adapt or enhance to create even more powerful web projects. If you want to develop exciting web applications for profit or pleasure this book is for you.
This book is, however, not an introduction to Drupal, nor an in-depth manual for using Drupal; and even though it partially covers some basics such as installation and how to create nodes, this is only done in the process of building the featured projects. Readers should therefore already have an understanding of the basic Drupal terminologies, how to access and to use the administration pages, and also how to customize by uploading and engaging new themes
What you will learn from this book?
You will see how to build the following site projects:
• An educational, research, or non-profit organization web site
• A fan site for users wishing to share their interests by blogging - built around the Blog module
• An events site for listing events from multiple users - built around the Events module
• A Community Portal for social networking
• A newspaper site for publishing an online newspaper or magazine
• An E-Commerce web site with Ubercart
• A directory site for listings in several categories
• A photo sharing site for publishing and organizing images from multiple users
• An hotel and conference facilities booking site for listing items bookable by multiple users by using the Availability Calendar module
• A Googlemap site to create complex Googlemap mashups
• A news aggregating site for publishing news feeds from several sources
About the Author
Timi Ogunjobi is a Technical Writer, Web Developer and Open Source Evangelist. Trained as an engineer, Timi has been developing web applications in several frameworks for more than 7 years and has also been writing for more than a decade on a wide variety of topics. Timi is the principal of Websesame - websesame.com - a software development and Technical writing company. Timi balances his time between programming, reviewing, writing, and contributing to interesting web-based and community projects. When he isn't working (which isn't that often) he enjoys playing jazz guitar and getting involved in outdoor activities principally cricket, golf, and swimming.
>>> Download many interesting free eBooks HERE <<<
NO MIRRORS according to the rules