19 января 2010 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: Компьютерная литература » Програм-ние и разработка » Программирование | Комментариев: 0
Title: Pro Linux Embedded Systems
Publisher: Apress | ISBN: 1430272279 | Dec 2009 | PDF | 550pages | 5.3Mb
Today, Linux is included with nearly every embedded platform. Embedded developers can take a more modern route and spend more time tuning Linux and taking advantage of open source code to build more robust, feature-rich applications. While Gene Sally does not neglect porting Linux to new hardware, modern embedded hardware is more sophisticated than ever: most systems include the capabilities found on desktop systems. This book is written from the perspective of a user employing technologies and techniques typically reserved for desktop systems.
* Modern guide for developing embedded Linux systems
* Shows you how to work with existing Linux embedded system, while still teaching how to port Linux
* Explains best practices from somebody who has done it before
What you’ll learn
* The anatomy of an embedded Linux project
* How to create an embedded Linux development environment
* How to configure and build an embedded Linux kernel
* How to configure and build open source projects for embedded systems
* How to minimize resources and boot times
* What resources are available in open source to help you build your project
Who is this book for?
This book is for professional embedded developers who have an understanding of basic software development concepts. You don’t have to be familiar with Linux, but you should be comfortable working from the command-line.