Publisher: Packt Publishing (July 24, 2008) | 356 pages | ISBN: 1847194141 | PDF | 3.3 MB
What you will learn from this book?
* Set up and use your training environment (Firebug)
* Master data types, operators, and flow control statements
* Understand functions: usage patterns, variable scope, and built-in functions
* Closures demystified
* Create and use objects
* Understand and use prototypes
* Reuse code with common patterns for inheritance
* Understand and work with the BOM (Browser Object Model)
* The DOM (Document Object Model) - accessing, modifying, adding, and deleting nodes
* Build responsive web pages with AJAX
* Listen and respond to browser events
* Apply design patterns to solve common problems
* Adopt coding patterns that unleash the unique power of the language
* Make your programs cleaner, faster, and compatible with other programs and libraries
Who is this book written for?
This book takes a do-it-yourself approach when it comes to writing code, because the best way to really learn a programming language is by writing code. You are encouraged to type code into Firebug's console, see how it works and then tweak it and play around with it. There are practice questions at the end of each chapter to help review what you have learned.
About the Author
Stoyan Stefanov is a Yahoo! web developer, Zend Certified Engineer, book author, and contributor to the international PHP community.Stoyan is the engineering lead of Yahoo's performance optimization tool 'YSlow', as well as other open-source tools and 'PEAR' libraries.
>>If YoU WaNt MoRe - WeLcOmE tO mY AH BlOg!<<