Joomla! A User's Guide: Building a Successful Joomla! Powered Website by Barrie M. North
Publisher: Prentice Hall PTR | Number Of Pages: 480 | Publication Date: 2007-12-21 | ISBN-10: 0136135609 | CHM | 48 Mb
If you want to build sophisticated websites that can be easily edited and updated, you need to master Joomla!-the world’s #1 open source content management system. Now there’s an easy-to-read, easy-to-use guide to Joomla! for every site manager, administrator, and developer. Leading Joomla! consultant Barrie North covers all you need to get results: installation, administration, site organization, template development, content updates, and a whole lot more. You’ll find never-before-published tips, tricks, and troubleshooting solutions, as well as three start-to-finish case studies.
New to Joomla? No problem! This book starts with the simplest design and system concepts, and builds your expertise step-by-step. You’ll rapidly master Joomla!’s power, even if you have no content management, scripting, or CSS expertise. Experienced with Joomla!? You’ll turn to this book constantly for its authoritative, plain-English, example-rich Joomla! 1.0 and 1.5 reference content.
· Understanding content management, what Joomla! does, and how its components fit together
· Building Joomla! sites from scratch, and systematically customizing them to your needs
· Organizing content with sections, categories, blogs, and tables
· Creating dynamic pages and effective navigation
· Working with Joomla! modules and components
· Search engine optimization for Joomla! sites
· Start-to-finish case studies: building a school website, an e-commerce site, and a blog
· The most valuable Joomla! extensions and add-ons: finding them, and using them
· Key differences between Joomla! 1.0 and 1.5, and what they mean to you