For Dummies | Pages: 408 | 2007-10-01 | ISBN 0470149280 | PDF | 15 MB
Whether you’re in the preliminary stages of planning a site or you’re looking to improve the look of an existing site, this reference book covers it all. Now updated with the latest site tools, design techniques, and commerce options, this new edition of the bestseller offers a solid framework for building a Web site from scratch. Packed with all the essentials to help make your site the best it can be, this resource goes beyond just basic design and page building to show you how to incorporate both of those elements into a successful site.
Veteran author David Crowder spills the secrets to planning and creating an effective site from the ground up. You’ll decipher ways to transform a bunch of seemingly random web pages into a coherent web site and you’ll discover myriad ways to make your site look and sound amazing.
This updated third edition features content on designing with CSS, using the latest version of Dreamweaver, and applying Web analytics and promotion techniques. In addition, the book covers topics such as:
* Keeping a site fresh and exciting
* Designing a look that appeals to your intended audience
* Determining your Web page structure
* Incorporating color, images, graphics, music, and video
* Merging CSS and HTML
* Planning usable navigation
* Providing guestbooks and message boards
* Designing for e-commerce
* Getting set up with PayPal, Google Checkout, E-cash, etc.