28 июля 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: Компьютерная литература » Програм-ние и разработка » Java | Комментариев: 0
Learning jQuery 1.3
Packt Publishing (February 13, 2009) | ISBN: 1847196705 | 444 pages | PDF | 10 MB
In this book, the authors share their knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm about jQuery to help you get the most from the library and to make your web applications shine. The book introduces jQuery and shows how you can write a functioning jQuery program in just three lines of code. It then guides you through CSS selectors and shows how to enhance the basic event handling mechanisms to give them a more elegant syntax. You will then learn to add impact to your actions through a set of simple visual effects and also to create, copy, reassemble, and embellish content using jQuery’s DOM modification methods. You will also learn to send and retrieve information with AJAX methods. The book will then step you through many detailed, real-world examples and even equip you to extend the jQuery library itself with your own plug-ins.
* An introduction to jQuery that requires minimal programming experience
* Detailed solutions to specific client-side problems
* For web designers to create interactive elements for their designs
* For developers to create the best user interface for their web applications
* Packed with great examples, code, and clear explanations
* Revised and updated version of the first book to help you learn jQuery
What you will learn from this book?
This book will give you the tools you need to be on the cutting edge of the web development community. With these techniques at your disposal, you can:
* Use selectors to get anything you want from a page
* Make things happen on your page with events
* Add flair to your actions with animation effects
* Change your page on command with DOM manipulation
* Use AJAX to get the most out of server-side code
* Transform drab, static information containers into beautiful, dynamic tables
* Breathe new life into online forms
* Create dynamic shufflers, rotators, and galleries
* Get started with official jQuery plug-ins
* Customize by writing your own jQuery plug-ins
This book begins with a tutorial to jQuery, followed by an examination of common, real-world client-side problems, and solutions to each of them making it an invaluable resource for answers to all your jQuery questions.
Who this book is written for?