10 апреля 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: Компьютерная литература » Програм-ние и разработка » .NET | Комментариев: 0
John Kauffman / Bradley Millington, «Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 and Databases (Wrox Beginning Guides)»
Wrox | ISBN 0471781347 | 2006-08-07 | CHM | 9 Mb | 535 pages
* Combining both VB.Net and C# coverage in one book, this guide focuses on using ASP.NET 2.0 for solving business dynamic Web site challenges in a logical progression, from connecting to a database to displaying information to changing data
* Covers the fundamentals of connecting Web pages to databases, techniques for creating data objects and events, and ways to handle data errors
* Features tricks and traps for displaying data in grids, lists, and trees
* Goes beyond the usual basic techniques to discuss the best practices and pitfalls that can occur in real-world scenarios with SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Access, and the new SQL Server Express Edition
From the Back Cover
ASP.NET is Microsoft's popular technology for creating dynamic web sites that pull unique information for each visitor rather than showing everyone the same static HTML pages. The introduction of the exciting 2.0 version allows for a far easier relationship between data and ASP.NET than ever before. In this book, bestselling author John Kauffman and Microsoft ASP.NET data insider Bradley Millington guide you through the most important uses of ASP.NET—working with databases in your ASP.NET web sites.
As you progress from simple to more complex topics, you'll be introduced to the many additional ASP.NET and data connectivity tools that Microsoft's Web Platform and Tools team has released. Kauffman and Millington take you beyond the basics to discuss the permutations, pitfalls, and best practices that occur in real business scenarios.
What you will learn from this book
* Fundamentals of connecting web pages to databases
* The connections to Access, SQL Server, Oracle®, XML, and other data sources
* Various tricks and traps for displaying data in grids, lists, and trees
* How to allow users to change, add, and delete data
* Techniques for creating data objects and events
* Ways to handle data errors
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who needs a web front-end or is looking to add data to a site. A comfortable level of understanding with ASP.NET version 1.x or ASP version 3.0 is recommended. Readers should also have some familiarity with databases.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.