26 июня 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: Компьютерная литература » Програм-ние и разработка » PHP | Комментариев: 0
"WordPress Complete" by Hasin Hayder
Publisher: Packt | November 2006 | ISBN: 1904811892 | PDF | 6.32 Mb | 304 Pages
WordPress is a simple and powerful way to start blogging. If you're not an IT expert but want to use a state-of-the-art blogging system to give your blog the best chance of success, while giving you the time to focus on content and your readers, WordPress is the right system for you, and this book is the right place to start. It will give you a rapid and straightforward introduction to the rich and powerful features of WordPress and get you up and running with a state-of-the-art blog as quickly and painlessly as possible.
* WordPress is an open-source blog engine released under the GNU general public license. It allows users to easily create dynamic blogs with great content and many outstanding features. It is an ideal tool for developing blogs and though it is chiefly used for blogging, it can also be used as a complete CMS with very little effort. Its versality and ease of use has attracted a large, enthusiastic, and helpful community of users.
* If you want to create powerful, fully-featured blogs in no time, this book is for you. This book will help you explore WordPress showing you what it offers and how to go about building your blog with the system.
* You will be introduced to the main aspects of a blog – users, communities, posts, comments, news feeds – and learn how to manage them using WordPress. You will develop the skills and confidence to manage all types of content, be it text or images, on your blog, and also understand how users interact with the blog. In working through the book you'll be inspired as well as informed, and have the capability and the ideas to make your blog cutting edge and exciting to maximize its impact.
What you will learn from this book
* Installing and configuring WordPress on a local development machine or a web hosting service
* Managing posts and comments
* Working with Image galleries, calendars, etc.
* Organizing users and Communities
* Creating and Installing themes to control the page layout
* Linking to the outside world – Feeds, Syndication, and Podcasting
* Customizing Widgets and Plug-ins
* Using WordPress as a regular CMS
Visit my blog on AvaxHome for more books