12 июля 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: Компьютерная литература » Руководства к программам | Комментариев: 0
Michael Korcuska, Alan Mark Berg "Sakai Courseware Management: The Official Guide"
Packt Publishing | English | 2009-06-10 | ISBN: 1847199402 | 504 pages | PDF | 16,4 MB
A comprehensive and pragmatic guide to using, managing, and maintaining Sakai in the real world /p>
• Covers working with Sakai tools, the administration workspace, and more
• Includes lots of ideas and best practices for teachers and trainers on using Sakai effectively
• Create instructional materials and design students' activities
• A step-by-step approach with practical examples, ample screenshots, and comprehensive content for a wide target audience
This book is the officially endorsed Sakai guide. From setting up and running Sakai for the first time to creatively using its tools, this book delivers everything you need to know.
Written by Alan Berg, Senior developer at the IC and a Sakai fellow and Michael Korcuska, the executive director of the Sakai Foundation, and with significant contributions from the Sakai community, this book is a comprehensive study of how Sakai should be used, managed and maintained.
Sakai represents a Collaboration and Learning environment that provides the means of managing users, courses, instructors, and facilities, as well as a spectrum of tools including assessment, grading, and messaging.
Sakai is loaded with many handy software tools, which help you in online collaboration. You can improve your coursework using features that supplement and enhance teaching and learning. You can use tools that will help you organize your communication and collaborative work.
The book opens with an overview that explains Sakai, its history and how to set up a demonstration version. The underlying structures within Sakai are described and you can then start working on Sakai and create your first course or project site using the concepts explained in this book. You will then structure online courses for teaching and collaboration between groups of students. Soon after mastering the Administration Workspace section you will realize that there is a vast difference between the knowledge that is required for running a demonstration version of Sakai and that needed for maintaining production systems. You will then strengthen your concepts by going through the ten real-world situations given in this book.
The book also discusses courses that have won awards, displays a rogue's gallery of 30 active members of the community, and describes what motivates management at the University of Amsterdam to buy into Sakai. Finally, the executive director of the Sakai Foundation looks towards the future.
What you will learn from this book?
• Set up, maintain and run Sakai in your learning institution
• Explore the underlying technologies involved and use them to their best effect.
• Discover what tools exist and how to employ them effectively
• Design a great online learning experience
• Use web services to connect to other systems
• Understand how Sakai can scale to support hundreds of thousands of students
• Learn best practices to avoid common pitfalls
The book takes a step-by-step, practical approach and is filled with examples and illustrations.
Who this book is written for?
This book is written for a wide audience that includes teachers, system administrators, and first time developers. It will also appeal to the Sakai open source community, potential community members, and education's decision makers.
To start download click HERE:
>>> Download many interesting free eBooks HERE <<<
No another mirrors, please! >>> Read RULES