1 января 2010 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: Компьютерная литература » Руководства к программам | Комментариев: 0
openSUSE Linux Unleashed presents comprehensive coverage of the community version of SUSE Linux, one of the most popular and most complete Linux distributions in the world.
This book provides detailed information on installing, using, and administering openSUSE. You’ll learn how to unleash the vast array of software products included in openSUSE so that you can use it as a desktop computer, as a professional workstation, or as a powerful server.
openSUSE Linux Unleashed includes a broad range of coverage: from using software you need everyday–such as email clients, web browsers, and productivity software including the OpenOffice.org productivity suite–to configuring and administering a wide range of network and server products, such as the Apache web server, and MySQL database.
Additionally, this book provides details on openSUSE’s acclaimed YaST administration tools, web programming, networking, and choosing from a wide selection of graphical interfaces and desktop environments, including both KDE and GNOME.
* Plan your openSUSE installation based on your computing needs
* Configure and use the X Window System–the Linux graphical interface–and the two primary desktop environments for Linux–KDE and GNOME
* Run OpenOffice.org and other productivity tools
* Create your own websites and weblogs
* Manage the kernel and its modules
* Set up networks
* Run the Apache web server
* Use the LAMP web programming suite: Linux, Apache, MySQL, and the scripting languages Perl, Python, and PHP
* Play music, video, and games
* Preserve an existing Windows installation for dual-boot launching