9 июня 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: English литература » Словари и энциклопедии на английском языке | Комментариев: 0
Dictionary of Bioscience
McGraw-Hill Professional | 2003 | ISBN: 0071410430 | 662 pages | PDF | 5,8 MB
Derived from the world-renowned McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, Sixth Edition, this vital reference offers a wealth of essential information in a portable, convenient, quick-find format. Whether you’re a professional, a student, a writer, or a general reader with an interest in science, there is no better or more authoritative way to stay up-to-speed with the current language of bioscience or gain an understanding of its key ideas and concepts.
Written in clear, simple language understandable to the general reader, yet in-depth enough for scientists, educators, and advanced students, The McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Bioscience, Second Edition:
* Has been extensively revised, with 18,000 entries encompassing the language of the life sciences
* Includes synonyms, acronyms, and abbreviations
* Provides pronunciations for all terms
* Covers more than 20 areas of life science, including anatomy, biochemistry, botany, evolution, genetics, microbiology, physiology, and zoology, and has been expanded to cover other important biomedical sciences such as forensics, neuroscience, pathology, pharmacology, and veterinary science
* Includes an appendix containing tables of useful data and information
* Is based on the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms – for more than a quarter-of-a-century THE standard international reference
Carefully reviewed for clarity, completeness, and accuracy, the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Bioscience, Second Edition, offers a standard of excellence unmatched by any similar publication.
Not all books on AvaxHome appear on the homepage.
In order not to miss many of them follow
and visit my blog too :)
NO MIRRORS according to the rules