8 июля 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: English литература » Словари и энциклопедии на английском языке | Комментариев: 0
H. Anheier «A Dictionary of Civil Society, Philanthropy, and the Nonprofit Sector»
Publisher: Europa Publications | Edition: 2005 | ISBN: 1857431669 | PDF | 306 pages | 1,69 Mb
This new guide to civil society provides a one-stop and authoritative reference to the key people, concepts, and organizations of the third sector.
Containing approximately 300 up-to-date entries, A Dictionary of Civil Society Philanthropy and the Non-Profitt Sector not only includes all terms and concepts associated with civil society, but also provides authoritative regional information.
* Definitions of concepts and terms surrounding civil society, such as citizenship, social capital, rule of law, nonprofit management, corporate responsibilities, and social origins theory
* Details on specific regions important in the history of civil society, such as India, the CIS, and the USA
* Profiles of the key personalities and organizations involved in the third sector
* Includes information on how the sector operates, such Fair Trade, grassroots organizations, and exit strategies
* Provides a one-stop resource for information that would otherwise require many different works to locate