21 апреля 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: English литература » Словари и энциклопедии на английском языке | Комментариев: 0
Jodi A. O'Brien, "Encyclopedia of Gender and Society"
Sage Publications, Inc | 2009-01-20 | ISBN: 1412909163 | 1032 pages | PDF | 10,1 MB
For decades,scholars of gender have been documenting and analyzing the various ways in which gender shapes individual lives,cultural beliefs and practices, and social and economic organization.Including contributions by experts in the field, the Encyclopedia of Gender and Society covers the major theories, research, people, and issues in contemporary gender studies. This comprehensive, two-volume encyclopedia is distinguished by a cross-national/cross-cultural perspective that provides comparative analyses of the life experiences of men and women around the world.
· Provides users with a “gender lens” on society by focusing on significant gender scholarship within commonly recognized areas of social research
· Offers “framing” essays that summarize commonly used concepts and directions of research and provide an overview of each area (e.g., Media and Gender Socialization; Religion, Gender Roles in; Sexuality and Reproduction; Women’s Social Movements, History of)
· Examines basic aspects of social life from the most individual (self and identity) to the most global (transnational economics and politics).
· Contains new information on well-known subjects, including surprising facts that may counter common assumptions and research in areas of study where the impact of gender has been traditionally overlooked
· Reflects cutting-edge discussion and scholarship on current issues and debates regarding gender and society
Enjoy this great book! Brought to you by SMIRK