21 апреля 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: English литература » Словари и энциклопедии на английском языке | Комментариев: 0
James Chambers, Lee Ann Chearney, Deborah S. Romaine, Candace B., Ph.D. Levy, Cathy S. Jewell, "The Facts on File Encyclopedia of Health And Medicine (4 Vol. set)"
Facts on File | 2006-11-30 | ISBN: 0816060630 | 1765 pages | PDF | 10,8 MB
"The Facts On File Encyclopedia of Health and Medicine" - a four-volume reference set, a comprehensive resource - is an indispensable reference for students, allied health professionals, physicians, caregivers, lay researchers, and people seeking information about health circumstances and conditions for themselves or others. Entries present the latest health concepts and medical knowledge in a clear, concise format. Readers may easily accumulate information and build a complete medical profile on just about any health or medical topic of interest or concern.
• The appendixes provide supportive or additional reference information (such as "Appendix X: Immunization and Routine Examination Schedules").
• Volume 1 presents the sensory and structural body systems that allow the body to engage with its surroundings and the external environment.
• Volume 2 presents the cell- and fluid-based body systems that transport nutrients, remove molecular wastes, and provide protection from infection.
• Volume 3 presents the biochemical body systems that support cellular functions.
• Volume 4 presents topics that apply across body systems (such as "Fitness: Exercise and Health") or that address broad areas within health care (such as “Preventive Medicine”).
• The appendixes provide supportive or additional reference information (such as "Appendix X: Immunization and Routine Examination Schedules")
Only RS mirrors, please