21 апреля 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: English литература » Словари и энциклопедии на английском языке | Комментариев: 0
David C. Culver, William B. White “Encyclopedia of Caves"
Academic Press | 2004-10-21 | ISBN: 0121986519 | 680 pages | PDF | 34,7 MB
Encyclopedia of Caves is a self-contained, beautifully illustrated work dedicated to caves and their unique environments. It includes more than 100 comprehensive articles from leading scholars and explorers in 15 different countries. Each entry is detailed and scientifically sound, yet accessible for students and non-scientists. This large-format reference is enchanced with hundreds of full-color photographs, maps, and drawings from the authors' own work, which provide unique images of the underground environment.
The Encyclopedia of Caves is an essential interdisciplinary resource for scientists, students, and caving enthusiasts.
* Presents a cross-section of contemporary knowledge of caves ranging from biology, geology, and human uses to exploration techniques
* Brings together 107 in-depth articles from respected international authors
* Showcases hundreds of color and black & white photographs, maps, charts, and illustrations
* Highlights many of the great caves of the world
* Makes information easy to find with alphabetical listings, cross references, suggestions for further reading, plus a full glossary and index
---No mirrors, please---