21 апреля 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: English литература » Словари и энциклопедии на английском языке | Комментариев: 0
D. Robertson “A Dictionary of Human Rights"
IPS | 1998-01-01 | ISBN: 1857430239 | 301 pages | PDF | 1,44 MB
Providing explanations of the terminology, issues, organizations, and laws, this reference work develops the key aspects of human rights in over 200 clear and concise A-Z entries.
* Explains terms connected such as Asylum, Equal Opportunities, Freedom of Speech, Representation, and Civil Liberties
* Covers organizations concerned with human rights such as Amnesty International, The European Court of Human Rights, and The American Civil Liberties Union
* Outlines the significance of eminent thinkers such as Locke, Cardozo, and Nozick
* Places key terms in their legal and constitutional context, with examples and explanations of their implications
* Legal terms such as Injunction, Probable Cause, Clear and Present Danger, and Stop and Search are explained clearly and succinctly
* Includes an appendix containing texts and extracts of leading documents, such as The Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen and The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
---No mirrors, please---