21 апреля 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: English литература » Словари и энциклопедии на английском языке | Комментариев: 0
Encyclopedia of Agrochemicals
Wiley-Interscience | 2002-12-16 | ISBN: 0471193631 | 1638 pages | PDF | 148 MB
This Encyclopedia provides coverage of a wide range of topics contributed by experts world wide. The work emphasizes the chemicals used in agriculture for management of pests, their development, use, metabolism, toxicology and mode of action. These chemicals include pesticides, such as the herbicides (weed killers), insecticides and fungicides. Applications of biotechnology are included as are discussions of natural products and growth regulators. Fertilizers and soil fertility are covered at length as well as the persistence of pesticide residues, their degradation, environmental transport and implications of their residues in the environmental. Toxicological and regulatory implications are included throughout.
* Comprehensive range of topics included - emphasizing chemicals used in pest management and soil fertility.
* Cover the chemistry, properties, toxicology, biotechnology, regulatory and environmental aspects of agrochemicals.
* Expert contributors from around the world.
* Provides an introduction to the field of agrochemicals.
* Environmental and toxicological aspects are included.
This work is a single source reference containing authoritative articles, definitions, literature citations and suggestions for further reading.
Enjoy this great book! Brought to you by SMIRK