21 апреля 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: English литература » Словари и энциклопедии на английском языке | Комментариев: 0
Encyclopedia Of The Human Brain
V. S. Ramachandran | ISBN: 0122272102 | Academic Press | 4 Volumes Set | 2,600 pages | 1990-2007 | 84.7Mb | $1,629.00 USD
Covering anatomy, physiology, neuropsychology, clinical neurology, neuropharmacology, evolutionary biology, genetics, and behavioral science, this four-volume encyclopedia contains over 200 peer reviewed signed articles from experts around the world. The Encyclopedia articles range in size from 5-30 printed pages each, and contain a definition paragraph, glossary, outline, and suggested readings, in addition to the body of the article. Lavishly illustrated, the Encyclopedia includes over 1000 figures, many in full color. Managing both breadth and depth, the Encyclopedia is a must-have reference work for life science libraries and researchers investigating the human brain.
Academic Press's Encyclopedia of the Human Brain is a timely project with a subject matter of universal interest. In the past decade, enormous strides have been made in understanding the human brain. The advent of sophisticated new imaging techniques and new behavioural testing procedures have revolutionised our understanding of the brain. We know more about the anatomy, functions, and development of this organ than ever before.
However, much of this current knowledge is dispersed across various scientific journals and books in a diverse group of specialities: psychology, neuroscience, medicine, and so on. The Encyclopedia of the Human Brain places all information in a single source and contains clearly written summaries of what is known. With focus on a broad-based audience, this work is written on a level accessible to everyone from the educated layperson to the academic researcher.
The Editor-in-Chief is V. S. Ramachandran , Professor, Neurosciences Program and Department of Psychology at the University of California, San Diego. He is supported by a distinguished group of Editorial Advisors who will lend their expertise to the project.
The book includes approximately 225 articles. Coverage includes neuroimaging, neurology, and neuropsychology in discussing anatomy, physiology, and behaviour.
* The first and only reference work to cover ALL aspects of the human brain
* A completely new encyclopedia; not a revision or expansion of an earlier publication
* Four-volume set with topics arranged A-to-Z for easy reference
* Projected total of 2,500 text pages
* Approximately separate articles, all original contributions commissioned for this work
* Distinguished Editorial Board headed by V. S. Ramachandran, with 12 other prominent scientists serving
as Associate Editors
* Articles by leading authors from major institutions around the world
* Articles provide coverage of various different subject areas
* Every article is carefully peer reviewed to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness
* Approximately 1,250 figures and 250 tables complement the text
* Each entry in the Encyclopedia begins with an outline of the article content and a concise definition of the subject of the article
* 3,000 glossary entries explain key terms
* Further Reading lists appear at the end of each entry
* Extensive cross-referencing system links related articles
* Large 8 1/2 x 11 page size, easy-to-read double-column format
* The latest in a series of prestigious reference works in this discipline from Academic Press/Elsevier Science, including the Encyclopedia of Human Behaviour, Encyclopedia of Mental Health, Encyclopedia of Stress, Encyclopedia of Creativity, and Encyclopedia of Neurological Science (forthcoming).
* The articles are arranged in an alphabetical sequence and include appropriate illustrations and suggested readings. Extensive reference aids to the reader are provided through a detailed subject index, cross references to related articles, and an index of articles by category. The Encyclopedia of the Human Brain also has an extensive collection of glossary terms to provide relevant definitions for key vocabulary items
All 4 volumes compiled into a single PDF and fully searchable.
Password to unRAR: www.AvaxHome.org
Please No Mirrors
My Other AvaxHome Theads: