21 апреля 2009 | Автор: Admin | Рубрика: English литература » Словари и энциклопедии на английском языке | Комментариев: 0
Yo Jackson, «Encyclopedia of Multicultural Psychology»
Sage Publications, Inc | ISBN 1412909481 | 2006-08-18 | PDF | 2.6 Mb | 536 pages
During the past 30 years, the study of racial and ethnic minority issues in psychology has evolved to what can be considered a significant and rapidly growing subfield within American psychology. The field encompasses a wide range of subdisciplines within psychology and includes a multitude of populations both within and outside of the United States.
The Encyclopedia of Multicultural Psychology is the first authoritative guide to synthesize the dynamic field of multicultural psychology. This volume includes entries on a broad array of issues and covers the breadth of psychology viewed through the lens of the racial and ethnic minority experience. The Encyclopedia addresses culture across a broad spectrum of psychological perspectives and includes topics that are relevant to social psychology, cognitive psychology, environmental psychology, cross-cultural psychology, and clinical psychology.
* Supports the notion that culture, and not race, is the best way to understand differences among individuals;therefore this volume focuses on culture to provide an index to the terms, concepts, and issues in the mainstream for the field
* Presents a thorough overview of the psychology of racial, ethnic, and minority issues and covers all of the major ethnic groups and subgroups the United States
* Includes topics on sociological issues as well as conceptual issues relevant to the field of multicultural psychology
* Addresses topics as diverse as academic achievement, acculturation, affirmative action, community interventions, education, health, immigrants, prejudice, racial identity development, social ecology, stereotyping, teaching multiculturalism, tokenism, values, violence, worldviews, and more!
* Conceptual Issues
* Cultural Concerns
* Ethnic Groups
* Indigenous Concerns
* Professional Organizations
* Sociological Issues
The Encyclopedia of Multicultural Psychology is an excellent resource for those interested in improving their awareness and comprehension of cultural practices prevalent among and between all people. It is a must-have reference for any academic library or psychology collection.
Thanks to coq_au_rhum ...