Strategic Management for the Public Services
Open University Press | 1999 | ISBN: 0335200478 | 204 pages | PDF | 54 Mb
"...a timely new book." - The Times "For expert guidance on the issues raised by the Tory record, youshould dip into the thoughtful tome that Christopher Foster and Francis Plowden have published." - New Statesman "...the most important dissection of the changed relationship betweenministers, civil servants and MPs since Peter Hennessy charted the history of the British civil service to the mid 1980s in his magisterialWhitehall." - Financial Times "...an important book because it amounts to a sustained critique ofcurrent administrative developments in Britain by two authors who arein principle supporters of the application of market-based concepts to the public services." - Economic and Social Rights "...the value of the bookis to widen the agenda beyond familiar issues such as alleged 'politicization', or the accountability of chief executives, and to place at centre stage the key question of the very capacity of government today and in the future." - PublicAdministration "...a concise sweep through the new structure of central British public administration." - Parliamentary Affairs
This is an accessible introduction to the theory and practice of strategic management in the public sector. It is written for new and experienced managers, undergraduate and postgraduate students of the public services. Strategic Management for the Public Services:
* provides an understanding of the theory of strategic management
* introduces ideas which guide the effective practice of strategic management in the public services (and which do not copy blindly private sector habits)
* gives conceptual tools and material (in the form of worksheets) which can be used to carry out analysis and planning
* explores key issues for public sector managers including governance, involving the public, transformational strategies, managing crisis, and interorganizational strategic planning
* draws on research from various countries
* examines how strategic management can be applied and developed to help improve the public services
Download from links above to thank me, please.
|a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 |
а б в г д е ж з и й к л м н о п р с т у ф х ц ч ш щ ъ ы ь э ю я
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии в данной новости.