Скачать Good Governance for Nonprofits: Developing Principles and Policies for an Effective Board бесплатно
Frederic L. Laughlin, Robert C. Andringa "Good Governance for Nonprofits: Developing Principles and Policies for an Effective Board"
AMACOM | 2007-08-15 | ISBN: 0814474527 | 192 pages | PDF | 1,6 MB
Many nonprofits are reluctant to develop a policies manual, believing that it takes far too much time, effort, and expertise. But the lack of responsible policies and governance can actually end up costing an organization much more in the long run -- both in reputation and in resources.
Good Governance for Nonprofits is a succinct but thorough guide that will help organizations develop a board that is legally and ethically responsible and effective in advancing their needs. The authors offer a clear process for creating a policies manual to help boards apply proven standards of governance or "attributes of excellence." Now even with limited resources, nonprofit leaders will learn how to:
* eliminate redundant or outdated policies
* add new policies more effectively
* clearly guide the CEO and evaluate his or her performance
* ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations
* understand why certain policies should be included
* adapt the authors' templates to their specific needs.