Скачать Pilgrimage to Warren Buffett's Omaha: A Hedge Fund Manager's Dispatches from Inside the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting бесплатно
Pilgrimage to Warren Buffett's Omaha: A Hedge Fund Manager's Dispatches from Inside the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting
McGraw-Hill | ISBN: 007160197X | 2008-10-07 | PDF | 312 pages | 4 Mb
They come to Omaha by the tens of thousands, flocking to an annual meeting that has become legendary for investors, businesspeople, and fans of one of the most savvy capitalists on the planet. They come to eat steak
, buy furniture at a discount, and bask in the brilliance of value investor extraordinaire, Warren Buffet.
Hedge fund founder, financial blogger, and professional skeptic Jeff Matthews got his own highly-coveted ticket to the Berkshire Hathaway meeting held only for shareholders and their guests--and proceeded to post reports on his blog, offering tempting glimpses into the much-discussed meeting. Now Matthews delivers a full-length account of his adventures at this infamous financial hoedown. In addition to offering a thoroughly entertaining first-hand account of Berkshire Hathaway's meeting, he answers questions investor's are asking, including:
* . Does Buffett's famed penny-pinching cripple his companies?.
* Why does Buffet--a bridge partner and best friend of Bill Gates--not own any technology stocks?.
* How does the extremely rational Buffett square his well-known social progressiveness with his lily-white audience of investors?.
* Is Buffet really an "Oracle"?.
* What information, insights, and ideas do the meeting's attendees pick up-and how do they put this information to use in their own investments?.
* Will Berkshire-Hathaway survive his death? .