Thomas Pyzdek, «The Six Sigma Handbook: The Complete Guide for
Greenbelts, Blackbelts, and Managers at All Levels, (Revised and Expanded Edition)»
McGraw-Hill | ISBN 0071410155 | 2nd revised edition (March 20, 2003)
| PDF | 12.3 Mb | 848 pages
The most comprehensive Six Sigma reference available, now revised and expanded
Completely rewritten and reorganized, this second edition of The Six Sigma Handbookcovers all the basic statistics and qualityimprovement tools of the Six Sigma quality management system. This new edition reflects the developments in Six Sigma over the past few years and will help maintain the book's position as the leading comprehensive guide to Six Sigma.
Key changes to this edition include:
* New chapters on DFSS (Design for Six Sigma); Minitab, the most popular statistical software for Six Sigma; Six Sigma philosophy and values; flowcharting; and SIPOC
* Coverage of the core problem-solving technique DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control)
* Dozens of downloadable, customizable Six Sigma work sheets
* New material on important advanced Six Sigma tools such as FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
From the Back Cover:
The management information and statistical tools you need to successfully implement Six Sigma
Six Sigma has helped organizations of all types and sizes improve the quality of processes and products while simultaneously increasing customer satisfaction and saving billions of dollars. The Six Sigma Handbook covers the management systems and statistical tools that are the foundation for this revolutionary new approach to management.
Thomas Pyzdek offers expert, proven advice on using Six Sigma to retain customers and enhance bottom line performance while cutting costs dramatically. He explains exactly how to make Six Sigma work, including organizing for Six Sigma, the various levels of technical proficiency required, criteria for selecting personnel for training, using customer requirements to drive strategy and operations, successful project management, and much more.
For the manager or quality professional charged with implementing or supporting Six Sigma--no matter the industry--this timely guide will help any organization achieve the goal of becoming a truly world-class operation. Topics include:
* How to organize for Six Sigma
* How to use DMAIC to dramatically improve existing products and processes
* How to use Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and Lean to create new, world-class products and processes
* Complete coverage of all major problem-solving and statistical tools and techniques, from basic to advanced tools such as DOE and logistic regression
* How to use MINITABTM and Microsoft Excel® to perform statistical analyses
* How to avoid common traps and pitfalls during implementation
The Six Sigma management system is helping numerous companies improve the quality of their products and processes. The Six Sigma Handbook is the comprehensive reference guide you need to successfully implement Six Sigma. It describes the statistical tools and problem-solving techniques that comprise Six Sigma, explaining how to use them effectively throughout your organization. Author/consultant Thomas Pyzdek offers the expert guidance and direction you need to implement the Six Sigma promise in your company--and avoid the traps and pitfalls commonly encountered in the process.
You'll get a complete overview of the management and organization of Six Sigma and the philosophy that underlies it. Pyzdek uses clear, detailed examples throughout to demonstrate exactly how to make this program work for you. You'll see how best to prepare management for the idea of using proven scientific methods to run a business and how to build the groundwork for their roles.
This book presents vital information on selecting the right personnel to train, the various levels of technical proficiency required, building the best teams, and fostering effective leadership. Directing you on how to handle successful project management from start to finish, Pyzdek also:
* Explains how to make your organization customer-focused--a vital requirement for implementing Six Sigma
* Identifies where specific techniques can--and cannot--be applied in the process
* Includes inspiring and instructive case studies about the success of Six Sigma at Motorola, General Electric, and other companies that have reaped the rewards
Plus, you'll learn when and how to use the more advanced Six Sigma topics--everything from design of experiments (DOE) and response surface methods (RSM) to chi-square contingency tables and analysis of categorical data--that you may take advantage of when your new system is in place.
If you're ready to transform your company...realize significant gains in quality, productivity, and sales...and take the necessary steps to ensure that your company will flourish in the new world economy, The Six Sigma Handbook is the guidebook you need to reach your goals.
About the Author:
Thomas Pyzdek is a quality consultant, entrepreneur, author, educator, software developer, and speaker. He writes a regular column for Quality Digest and is a Fellow of the American Society for Quality (ASQ). He conducts seminars on Six Sigma for the American Society for Quality, and has received that organizations "Edwards" award. His clients and employers cover a wide range of industries including Ford, GM, McDonald's, Avon, Hughes Aircraft Company Missile Systems Group, and the Tucson Medical Center