Joe John Duran / Larry Chambers, «First Time Investor's Workbook:
A Hands-On Guide to Implementing a Successful Investment Plan»
McGraw-Hill | ISBN 0071370544 | Workbook edition (May 18, 2001) | PDF | 1.5 Mb
The First Time Investor's Workbook gives novice investors the support they need to enter the markets. This application-based guide is loaded with worksheets, checklists, tests, and examples to allow new investors to practice on paper first--before they commit their dollars to the swings of the market. Solid, objective, and helpful, it provides a comprehensive, step-by-step approach to investing.
From basic research to advanced strategies, this useful, interactive book combines today's most important investing concepts in one easy-to-follow resource. To help investors make the jump from reading to actually placing that first trade, it covers:
- How to determine a realistic investing budget - Where to buy stocks and mutual funds online - Top sources of reliable investing information
The First Time Investor's Workbook is a hands-on, step-by-step course for learning the basic and advanced strategies used by leading investors to build plans designed to succeed in good and bad markets.
Consumer workbook and guide for developing a professional-quality financial portfolio and managing those investments. Includes worksheets, checklists, charts, examples, and other features that make calculations easier to do. Also uses navigational icons to point out key information, risks, and cautions to watch out for. Softcover. DLC: Investments.
From the Back Cover
Time-Honored Techniques for Understanding the Stock Market--And Protecting Your Financial Plan from Market Downturns
To be successful in today's turbulent investment markets, you must know your own investment style and risk tolerance as well as the proven techniques that will help you to succeed. The First Time Investor's Workbook is a hands-on, step-by-step course for learning the basic and advanced strategies used by leading investors to build plans designed to succeed in good and bad markets.
Worksheets, checklists, charts, and examples show you how to build your financial plan like professionals have for years, and then help you to invest based on skill and knowledge instead of luck and misinformation. The First Time Investor's Workbook introduces you to crucial techniques and tools including:
* The Lifeboat DrillAn easy-to-follow exercise for determining your risk tolerance and defining your investment strategy
* The Investment Policy StatementA strategic tool for staying on target and on track to meet your financial goals
* The Five Rules of InvestingCornerstone ideas you must understand to increase your probability of success
* Complete Investment GlossaryDefinitions and examples for today's most important investing concepts
Start today to design and implement an effective investment plan one that works with the market instead of against itwith The First Time Investor's Workbook.
On virtually every page, helpful icons alert you to key points you can't afford to overlook. Look for these icons:
* Actions you should take, fill in, or complete
* Technical information you must understand to maximize your returns
* Ideas that can save you time, money, or trouble
* Easybut essential concepts to understand
* Cautions to help you stay out of investment danger
* Financial Riskometer tells you what risks to watch out for and why
* Life Situations such as college or divorce, and how to invest for each