The Mango: Botany, Production and Uses (Cabi): R. E. Litz
CABI | ISBN: 184593489X | 2009-06-30 | PDF (OCR) | 696 pages | 4.07 Mb
"I believe this book will find a wide readership. To specialists in tropical fruit research it will be indispensable. Many other horticultural researchers, extension workers, and consultants will use it. It is primarily a reference book that should be included in all good horticultural libraries, and it is a good addition to the world literature on mango."
The Mango is one of the oldest cultivated fruit crops, having been grown in India for at least 4000 years. Mango is the most important fruit crop of Asia and its annual production is exceeded worldwide only by Musa, citrus, grapes and apples. The last decade has seen a rapid growth of mango production, mainly due to expansion into new growing regions but also to the adoption of modern field practices and cultivars. A wide range of fresh, mango cultivars are now consumed worldwide and are available year round.
The Mango: Botany, Production and Uses, published in 1997, represented the first comprehensive examination of all aspects of modern mango production and research. Developing upon the successful first edition, this book incorporates a discussion of significant advances in mango research that have contributed to improved production and will be highly relevant for researchers and growers alike.
This book on mango covers the following:
1. Botany and importance (chapter 1)
2. Taxonomy and systematics (chapter 2)
3. Important mango cultivars and their descriptors (chapter 3)
4. Breeding and genetics (chapter 4)
5. Reproductive physiology (chapter 5)
6. Ecophysiology (chapter 6)
7. Fruit diseases (chapter 7)
8. Foliar, floral and soilborne diseases (chapter 8)
9. Physiological disorders (chapter 9)
10. Pests (chapter 10)
11. Propagation (chapter 11)
12. Mineral nutrition (chapter 12)
13. Crop management (chapter 13)
14. Postharvest physiology (chapter 14)
15. Postharvest technology and quarantine treatments (chapter 15)
16. World trade and production economics (chapter 16)
17. Fruit processing (chapter 17)
18. Biotechnology (chapter 18).
|a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 |
а б в г д е ж з и й к л м н о п р с т у ф х ц ч ш щ ъ ы ь э ю я
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии в данной новости.