Скачать Handbook of Services for the Deaf and the Hard-of-Hearing: A Bridge to Accessibility бесплатно
John W. Adams, Pamela Rohring "Handbook of Services for the Deaf and the Hard-of-Hearing: A Bridge to Accessibility"
Academic Press | 2004-09-10 | ISBN: 0120441411 | 272 pages | PDF | 1,7 MB
This is a handbook for readers who wish to learn more about providing services to individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing. It provides basic knowledge of Deaf Culture and the hard of hearing population, the aesthetics of American Sign Language, and an awareness of hearing loss and its influence on family and community life. This is a unique book in that it draws from the experiences of a Deaf (Rohring) and a hearing (Adams) author, providing a comprehensive perspective. It draws upon research and literature, from professional practice, and from anecdotal accounts. Handbook to Service the Deaf and Hard of Hearing is an essential resource for college training programs, hospitals, health care agencies, hearing and speech centers, school districts, educational agencies, and any one working with or employing deaf or hard of hearing persons.
* Chapters containing research and practical information on understanding the primary issues affecting the lives of deaf and hard of hearing people
* Unique perspectives from Deaf, hard of hearing and hearing professionals relative to such topics as language development, Deaf Culture, medical advances in technology, literature, art and drama in the Deaf Community and growing up with a hearing loss
* Illustrations and artwork presented throughout the book were created by renown deaf artists
* Recommended best practices are offered on how to provide community accessibility to deaf and hard of hearing individuals
* Resource section provides exhaustive list of books, articles, organizations, and Web sites in the areas of communication, Deaf Culture, legal rights, Deaf studies and research, educational issues, language, mentalhealth, technology, and more