Скачать Living and Dying in the USA: Behavioral, Health, and Social Differentials of Adult Mortality бесплатно
Richard G. Rogers, Robert A. Hummer, Charles B. Nam
"Living and Dying in the USA: Behavioral, Health, and Social Differentials of Adult Mortality"
Academic Press | 0125931301 | ISBN: 0125931301 | 354 pages | PDF | 15,2 MB
The simplicity of using one data set in addressing the relationship of single variables to mortality distinguishes Living and Dying in the USA from other recent investigations of mortality. The authors use the recently released National Health Interview Survey and the National Death Index to make a definitive statement about demographics and mortality. By surveying demographic and sociocultural characteristics associated with mortality, socioeconomic effects, health-related conditions, and health status, they reveal connections among several factors related to mortality chances. Easily understood and cited, their study emphasizes the statistical methods underlying their revelations and invites readers to duplicate their results.
* Comprehensive coverage of US adult mortality differentials
* Based on a new and innovative data set
* Includes factors rarely examined in related mortality research
* Not only documents mortality differentials, but explores explanations for them
* Extensive list of references associated with each chapter
* Consistent, straightforward methodology used throughout aids readers in both understanding the content and in comparing results from chapter to chapter
No Mirror(s) Please!