Understanding Social Theory by Derek R Layder
Publisher: Sage Publications Ltd | Number Of Pages: 336 | Publication Date: 2005-12-15 | ISBN-10: 0761944508 | PDF | 1 Mb
`This is a robust text - challenging and provocative and one which students will benefit from reading. Layder guides the reader through a large body of relevant literature. He draws attention to the strengths and weaknesses of particular approaches as he sees them and he is not afraid to offer his own judgements on the issues and problems he addresses' - Professor John Eldridge, University of Glasgow
`Derek Layder's Understanding Social Theory, provides one of the most comprehensive, incisive and readable treatments of the macro-micro problem now available' - Professor Paul Colomy, University of Denver
This is a revised, updated and enlarged version of the accessible, authoritative first edition - a jargon-free textbook that provides an introduction to the core issues in social theory. It includes:
- chapter previews, summaries and a glossary of key terms;
- a 'problem focus' that encourages students to acquire skills of argument and discussion;
- new material on recent developments in social theory;
- an entirely new concluding chapter which relates theory to social domains;
- relevant examples from everyday life to illustrate key theoretical issues.
The book will be essential reading for students in Sociology, Social Psychology, Social Theory, Political Theory and Organization Studies.
|a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 |
а б в г д е ж з и й к л м н о п р с т у ф х ц ч ш щ ъ ы ь э ю я
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии в данной новости.